Though people were originally created to have a relationship with God, mankind’s desires, thoughts, and actions make us unable to have a relationship with God. We believe that people are born in sin.
- John 3:6 “Flesh gives birth to flesh”
- Romans 8:7 “The sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.”
- Ephesians 2:1 “As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world”
God loves people and wants to be in a relationship with them. So the ruler and creator of the universe, who is above time and space, became man and lived in history. Jesus Christ is the Son of God, both God and man. He followed his own laws and commands perfectly but was put to death even though he was innocent. Three days later he rose from the dead. He offered his own righteousness and perfect life for all people who are filled with sin and are imperfect.
- Isaiah 54:6 “The LORD will call you back as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit”
- Romans 4:25 “He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
- Galatians 4:4 “But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5 to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.”
The Bible is God’s revelation of redemption to mankind. The entire Bible centers around this plan of redemption. God inspired writers to write this message and the Bible is without error. The Bible is the infallible guide and final authority for everything we do.
- 1 Corinthians 2:13 “This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.”
- 2 Timothy 3:15-16 “From infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness”
- Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”
There is one true God who has made himself known in three persons. God the Father is the creator of the universe and governs the affairs of this world and makes evil work out for our good.
- Psalm 19:1 “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.”
- Isaiah 44:6 “This is what the LORD says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.”
- Romans 1:20 “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.”
Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is true God and true man. He is also the Savior of all people and died so that we will live. He won us back from sin and death.
- Romans 5:18 “Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men.”
- Philippians 2:6-7 “[Christ Jesus], being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.”
- Colossians 2:9 “For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form”
THE HOLY SPIRIT
God the Holy Spirit, creates faith in us and strengthens that faith. He moves us to do good works which flow out of the faith that he created in us.
- Romans 15:13 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy an peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- 1 Corinthians 6:11 “You were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified um the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 “Now the Lord is the Spirit.”
Baptism is a blessing that is meant for all people. Through Baptism we are washed from sin and a new life in Jesus is created in us. Baptism is a way that God creates and strengthens faith in him.
- Acts 2:38 “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.”
- Titus 3:5 “He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit”
- Matthew 28:19 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”
Lord’s Supper is another blessing God has given to believers. Those who receive Lord’s supper receive the true body and blood of Jesus in, with, and under the bread and wine. When believers receive Jesus’ body and blood they also receive the forgiveness of sins. Lord’s Supper is a way God offers people the forgiveness of sins and strengthens them in faith.
- Matthew 26:28 “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.”
- 1 Corinthians 10:16 “Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ?”
- 1 Corinthians 11:27 “Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.”
The Church is not a building, but the Church are those who have faith in Jesus. The Christian Church is not just in one location but it is scattered throughout the world.
- Galatians 3:26 “You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus,
- Ephesians 5:25-27 “Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.”
Chrisitans meet together to build one another up by gathering around God’s Word and the blessings of Baptism and Lord’s Supper. As Christians it is our job to proclaim the message of God’s salvation. Pastors help their people to gather and grow in the Word.
- Hebrews 10:24-25 “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
- Mark 16:15 “He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.”
Have a question about what we believe at The Way Church? Get in touch with Pastor Allen by clicking here.
If you’d like even more in-depth information about the teachings of our church you can find more here: http://www.understandchristianity.com/teachings/